Tomorrow night I will face my biggest, toughest culinary challenge yet...
(add dramatic music here for the Food Network effect)
I will be cooking dinner for 25 of my nearest and dearest colleagues!! I am pretty excited and spent the whole day cooking. I brought in the reserves and traded brunch for help from my mom and grandma and we got it all done very quickly.
My fridge is now stuffed with,
- 10 lbs of steak tips marinating in my homemade BBQ sauce (that's what I am holding, pre-marinade in the photo)
- 4 lbs of chicken marinating in my homemade teriyaki sauce
- 3 lbs of mayo-less potato salad
- 1 super large bok choy slaw
- my mother's special copper pennies
- the makings of an amazing fruit salad
- 4 kinds of blue cheese
- 1 homemade black bean salsa
Tomorrow I will head home early, throw together the fruit salad and pick up some beer. (I don't have enough room in the fridge to keep it cold, so I am going to buy it cold and then throw it in the cooler with some ice.)
Jared will start grilling when he gets home, and the crew is supposed to be here around 7. I am sure it will be a great time and for those of you who have been reading this blog for a year (Dan, Dan, Owen, Yoav...) you better bring your appetites!