Sunday, August 3, 2008

Homemade Ketchup

After my smashing success with homemade BBQ sauce, I decided to try homemade ketchup. The recipes all seem pretty simple and how could it not be better than the stuff in the bottle right?

I just finished making it, and have it cooling waiting to go on some stellar burgers and oven fries (if I can find my camera, I will take a photo, I promise). The thing is, I think it's too sweet. I added a whole bunch of extra vinegar and it still seems really sweet.

I am going to try it out, and will post and update after I have eaten it on something other than a spoon. If you are interested in taste testing it for me and live close by, let me know. I am more than willing to share in exchange for your thoughts.

UPDATE:

We had the ketchup last night and it was good, not as remarkable as the BBQ sauce is, but good. JR liked it a lot more than I did, but then I generally like things that are more tart.


I did do the oven fries with fresh rosemary, which basically means they tasted amazing any way you sliced it. There are some other recipes out there that have more spices in them, I think I will give it another shot to see how they compare.

No comments: