Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Orgasms

My work place is a place of unending surprises and devilish temptations. I have already told you about the kitchen with the amazing never end supply of diet-breaking-goodies. On top of that I have some freaking amazing bakers who bring me goodies from their kitchen a couple times a week, and I am powerless to stop myself from eating it ALL.

I mentioned AE and her amazing cookies to blow your mind last week. What I didn't tell you was that her baking streak continued to Dulce De Leche stuffed cookies and then on to my favorite, chocolate cherry cheesecake stuffed cookies. This did nothing but add a full 5lbs to my bottom and convince my friend and co-worker DA that he needed to get in on the action and start baking as well.


DA is no amateur when it comes to the baking game. I have almost blogged about him on 2 separate occasions, neither time stopping because his chocolate chocolate chip cookies and 7 layer bars were not worthy, but instead because I am a lazy food blogger. This week changed everything when he pulled me out of my blogging stump with his Chocolate Peanut Butter Orgasms (my name for these delightful I-need-to-get-back-in-a-bikini-diet-breakers not his.)

They were the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter, and he did something to the peanut butter to make it sweet and a little crumbly like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. In all honesty, these cookies were like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups on CRACK! This is really saying something, since I am not a huge peanut butter fan (I know it's almost sacrilege) and even I thought these were amazing.


He was willing to share the recipe and it's below. I haven't tried to make it myself, but it was too good to pass up or pass along. Make these (JL&JL, go make them NOW seriously!) and then sit at home all weekend and eat them by yourself!


Chocolate Peanut Butter Orgasms

Ingredients Chocolate Cookies:
2 1/4 cups Flour
1/2 cup Melted Butter
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder

Cream together the butter and sugars. Mix in Eggs, Salt and Vanilla. Sift together Flour, Baking Powder and Cocoa Powder. Mix dry into wet about 1/4 at a time. Refrigerate for an hour.

Peanut Butter Filling:
1 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
1 cup Confectioners Sugar

Mix together Peanut Butter and Sugar. Refrigerate for an hour.

Stuff cookies using the cookie stuffing method:

Bake at 379 degrees for 9 - 11 minutes.

1 comment:

a.feierman said...

So I have loved your past two posts. However they are a little too tempting for a pregnant lady like me! I made the rolo stuffed ones last week to take to a dinner gathering. Note: They were a HUGE hit! I might have to do the same with these. I promise I won't eat too many of them or JF will have me head!